Monday 28 May 2007

Time Out!

Yes I know its not a good time right now..... and the project proposal is already overdue.....and the children have exams and they need you. But you need you too! Time out is vital to us as women. You need to be all you can be to yourself so that you can share it with others. You can't do this all at one time, just a little bit at a time. People and situations will just keep taking, and taking and taking until you're just a crumpled mass telling yourself "I can't do this anymore!" Trust me there will always be one more thing to do, something else to sort out but you're not doing yourself any favours by just going on and on.

I was away - for just two nights, Friday through Sunday - and it was fabulous. I went to a seminary about an hour outside of Accra. They were great - they just left me alone, which was exactly what I wanted. I wanted just to spend time talking to God and giving Him the space to speak to me . I was also able to read and put somethings down on paper that I just did not have the time to put down before. I was also able to sleep!!

I'm back home again with vistors to entertain, exam revision to coordinate and oversee, but I feel more able mentally if not physically.


Remember ..... Pray one for another

No comments: