Saturday 2 June 2007

Party Time!

Yesterday I threw a surprise party for my husband. He was totally unaware of anything. We had some friends visiting from the UK who were leaving that day and though we would have really liked them to have been there, they were the perfect reason for getting him out of the house. I asked them to insist on being at the airport early. When he left for the airport things began to move. With the help of family and friends we put up lights, set out tables and chairs, put the food out, and most importantly friends came to help us celebrate. He was to use a English expression 'gobsmacked'.

I'm not sure what I feel about growing older, younger people see 40 something as ancient, while older people feel that 40 something is still young. There are days when I am at peace with my age, when I bask in the freedom to do exaclty what I want as the years have given me that right. Then there are days when I feel that if I knew when I was younger what I know now I would have made some different choices.

Often I have to remind myself that the gift of life, health and strength is what I should focus on. Using those three gifts to make the most of the opportunites and time I have right now as I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

I was inspired by the a Ghanaian woman - Georgina Woode - who at the age of 60 has been nominated by the Ghanaian president, John Kufuor for the office of Chief Justice, the highest juidicial position in the land. Reading through her interests I was struck by the fact that she was the leader of her church choir - Assemblies of God. God has a way of using you what ever age you are as long as we make ourselves available for use.


Remember ...... pray one for another.

No comments: