Thursday 25 September 2008

Thankful Thursday No.1


I am now officially starting 'Thankful Thursdays' at 'Call Her Woman'.  As you know this blog in essence gives God thanks for being who I am. If for nothing else ladies (and gentlemen) give God thanks for making you you.  Unique in everyway. I think the orginiator of this idea is a lady called Iris (Sting to my Heart)and I thank God for her, I hope I'm not misunderstanding her but she would really like to live somewhere else, but is finding reasons to praise God anyhow! There is an old song that says 'count your blessings, name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done' Maaaan, it can take an effort to name those blessings as it's much easier to count all the the things that are working against us.  I for one know that if it were not for the grace of my Father who loved me, well this blog would not be as it is.  I travelled from my home to Alexandria, Virginia a three hour journey, and I am still here, so I'm thankful.  I know I have things still to do, lives still to touch, things to say  so I am thankful for the opportunity.  "Thank you Lord for one more Thursday". Thank the Lord just for one thing right now.

Pray one for another. We need it

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Thankful Thursday!

katylinvw said...

amen! wonderful thankful thursday post!

drop by my place today if you'd like, i'm having a giveaway!

dee said...

I admire a woman who can handle a lot of things at once but most to adimre is that she is always Thankful...always